Sunday, April 3, 2011

Chloe & Mieko tees for Japan

Well, I did it!  The shirts for Japan are DONE!  I'd like to say they are fabulous, but my sewing skills aren't quite up to snuff with Susan from Living With Punks.  By digging through what I already had, I spent about $2 on felt and $5 for a shirt.  My mom also wanted to participate, so she bought a shirt for $5, as well.  I had everything else in my craft stash; yay me!  I made the shirts by following Susan's tutorial (mostly), broken up into smaller tasks over three days.  I, however, tried to accomplish it all in one day.  I almost made it.  I would have finished them last night, too, if bug hadn't woken up screaming at 12:30 a.m. and taken an hour and a half to get back down.  At that point, I almost crawled into his crib next to him and said, "Shirts be damned, I'm exhausted!"  I promptly crawled in to my bed, instead.  I started fresh this morning and finished up the last bit in about 40 minutes.  Whew!  We decided to make two shirts; one for a boy and one for a girl.  I think I actually like the boy's version better.  I think it's the crooked hats.  My mom doesn't know how to use a sewing machine, but she was super helpful.  She fused all the pieces, sewed on the eyes, cheeks, and mouths.  I couldn't have finished them without her.  Thanks Mom!  Here are some pics of the completed shirts.  I hope the little boy and girl that get them won't judge too harshly.

whole shirt

up close
 


Bug modeling the shirts for Mommy



Good job Mommy and Grammy!



What?!  He'd have made a cute girl, too!






































No comments:

Post a Comment