Friday, April 27, 2012

Triple stitch minky blankets

No Big Dill made some adorable blankets using minky dot fabric and bias tape that I just loved.  Well, a friend of mine recently had a sweet baby girl and I knew I wanted to make one for her.  I loved it, even with the wonky stitching, but it needed something else.  A fancy monogram!  So, I got some of Michael Miller's Dandy Damask in pink/grey.  I traced a big scrolly letter off my computer screen, cut it out, traced it on to the fabric, cut that out (after ironing on some fusible interfacing), pinned it in place on the blanket and used a narrow tight zig zag stitch to attach.  I love it!  In hindsight, I wish I had used gray thread to attach it so the "M" would have stood out on the underside of the blanket.  Since then, I've made a yellow one with purple, green, and yellow handmade bias tape to sell with a carseat canopy, and a larger one for bug with a big "R" that matches his room.  The stitching is a bit straighter, but I wish the bias tape had been more of a cream color, instead of oyster.  Oh well, he loves it and so do I!  Here they are:

No comments:

Post a Comment