Monday, May 9, 2011

Mother's Day outfits

Okay, my original plan for KCWC was matching outfits for bug and my niece for their Grammy for Mother's Day.  That is, it was, until I realized that Mother's Day was the day before KCWC starts.  I've lined up my projects for this week, but what about last week?  I sewed and painted and pinned like crazy to get their outfits done in time to get pics taken on Friday to avoid the rush (HA!) and have it wrapped and ready Sunday morning.  Good news: I did it.  Bad news: Bug screamed and tore at my neck the entire time we tried to get their photos taken.  He had an x-ray done two days before and he kept pointing to the studio lights and whining.  I would have been really sad if I hadn't been sooooo irritated!  Okay, it was still really sad.  My mom was still thrilled with their outfits and their picture, so I tag this project a success. 

I used the same tute as the last post for the suspenders for both kids.  I used this tute I found on I Am Momma to make a black and red Ric Rac Skirt. 

I took a white shirt in both kids' sizes and freezer stenciled, "I (heart) Grammy" on them with Tulip's Velveteen paints in black and red. 

They both wore red sneakers and black and white fedoras.  They looked fabulous!  I will upload photos ASAP...

Bottom line:
  • Bug's white shirt-$3 from Ross
  • My niece's white shirt-$3 from Walmart
  • Velveteen paint in red and black-$5 from JoAnn's with coupon
  • My niece's black skirt-$3 from Walmart
  • Jumbo jumbo red ric rac-$5 from JoAnn's with coupon
  • 4 Fashion clips-$10 from Walmart
  • Red, black, and white fabric-$0.88 from Walmart
                     Total: $30 for TWO super-cute customized outfits for my amazing mom!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment